Citing & Writing
The following tools are provided to assist you in organizing your references as well as guide you through the research and writing process.
Includes APA, Chicago, MLA, Turabian, citing music sources, legal citation and citing Government Publications.
Citation Management Software
Citation management software helps you organize the articles that you find when searching in databases, and automates the process of creating your bibliography when you're writing.
Resources to teach students how to avoid plagiarism and to help instructors teach students about plagiarism.
Copyright @ Western
Users and creators of copyrighted works are required to understand their rights and responsibilities under the Copyright Act. This page provides detailed information on the use of copyrighted works, the rights of creators of copyrighted works, and information specific to the use of copyrighted material at the Western University.
Writing Support Centre
A service of the Student Development Centre, "Building confidence and success through writing". Includes appointment and drop-in services, workshops and seminars and special services for graduate students.
Online Writing Help
Western students can email their drafts of written assignments or writing-related questions directly to the Writing Support Centre if circumstances prevent making a scheduled appointment.
How it works:
- Fill out the Writing Assistance by E-mail form using the link below to submit a draft of your writing assignment or any writing-related questions.
- A writing advisor will respond with feedback to the draft within 4 days (not including weekends). We are not a 24/7 service. We will respond during our business hours.
- We are only able to respond to one submission at a time. Once you have submitted your work you must wait until you receive our feedback before submitting additional writing. Multiple submissions will be ignored.
- We spend the same time with online submissions as we do in our 50-minute one-to-one counselling sessions. This means we can read and comprehensively respond to about 5 pages of written work.
- Students should be as specific as possible with their questions for the writing advisor. Do not just cut and paste the assignment instructions.
- We are not an editing service. We are a teaching unit. We will provide general comments on how to improve your written work.
Where to email your writing assignments:
- The Writing Support Centre only provides online help for work submitted using the following link:
Writing Assistance by E-mail